Foundation & Board - Open Positions
Who We Are
The Magic Moments Foundation is a non-profit organisation formed to create a coalition of caring volunteers who are committed to consistently reaching and assisting people who are often forgotten by society. We are focused on supporting people to grow their own skills, particularly among the youth in our communities, and to become contributing members to their own communities.
The Foundation aggressively works to make a difference in the quality of life for people in our communities through our various programs.
About the Role
To provide support to the existing Basket Brigades to achieve their goals and support the development of new Brigades across Australia. The National Coordinator is the very important link between the Magic Moments Board and the Basket Brigade Committees. This role requires a person with effective communication skills and experience dealing with different personality types. You also will support the discovery of grants / corporate funding to help the Brigades reduce their administration costs.
- Supporting existing Basket Brigades to achieve their goals and successfully deliver their programs
- Working with the Board to develop growth strategies for the Basket Brigade program across Australia
- Responding to inquiries for the creation of new Basket Brigades & supporting the growth of new committees
- Working with the Marketing Director to ensure all Basket Brigade marketing materials are kept up to date and relevant
- Hold regular meetings with Committee Coordinators to ensure their ongoing support from the Foundation and report any challenges or issues to the Board
- Ensure Committees are compliant with required documentation and procedures of the Foundation including but not limited to the areas of Finance and Marketing
- Empowering and motivating Basket Brigade Committee Coordinators and their Committees
- Provide monthly reporting to the Board for use at the MMF Board Meetings
- Be a part of seeking grants or corporate funding to support the administration fees required for the Basket Brigades
- Support Committee Coordinators to create succession plans to ensure that the program continues to grow and support the Community when volunteers move positions within the Foundation or away from the Foundation
- Ensure that a successor is found before the term of office finishes.
Key Selection Criteria
- A willingness to lead with integrity and passion
- Be an excellent communicator and be able to deal with a range of personality types using different communication styles
- Possesses tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion.
- Be persistent – managing feedback from many different sources requires continued persistence
- Possesses relevant knowledge on how Basket Brigades function – past involvement preferred
- Has the relevant skills to run a meeting well and communication skills to support this given different personality types
- Innovative and Creative
- Strategic Thinker
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the work done
Relationship to Other Positions
- Reports to the Board
- Works with the Marketing Director
Critical Success Factors
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Not afraid to ask questions when uncertain of how to manage a situation
- Basic tech communication skills – Zoom, Google Suite
- Passionate about being a part of the team that creates amazing and impactful outcomes for communities