Youth Program Administrator & Event Assistant
To administer all aspect of the Cvent System (event management software) and support other team members in any other administrative tasks. As a part of administering the event management software there will also be a requirement to interact with youth, parents and crew either over the phone or online.
To participate at the event as an integral part of the event management team. This means each day is different and your work prior to the event will help you to excel at the event.
The Event Administrator / Assistant has their head down and their you know what up. They are someone who understands the importance of process but also can be adaptable and flexible to ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction. Just because they are a volunteer this does not lessen their desire to create a great customer experience for all those come into contact with Magic Moments.
- Manage a seamless registration process for all participants using Cvent for the Youth Leadership & Business Summit
- Provide support to all registrants should they need it – either over the phone, online or via email.
- Understand the registration process and be able to ensure all participants are registered in a way that allows easy use of information to other members of the event team.
- Work at the event as a part of the event management team to support the youths participation at the event.
- Report information to team members and the board as required in a timely manner
- Ensure that a successor is found before the term of office finishes.
- Great Communication Skills
- Great Time Management Skills.
- BRILLIANT ATTENTION TO DETAIL is a MUST
- Able to pick up new software easily – understand the logic to the process
- Amazing Customer Service Skills
Time Commitment / Availability:
The average time commitment to this role would be approx.. 2 hours per week. Also attendance at the program is necessary part of this role. Admin set up two days before the program commences and complete the day after the program – a total of 8 days. You will be required to stay on site for the program duration.
Who should apply for this role?
Glad you asked! You should be interested in event management and want to learn more, possibly even wanting to make it your career. You understand that while this may be a volunteer position the experience you gain will be is invaluable to your future career. You like to have fun but you can also be serious when it is warranted. You must be over 18 and be prepared to have a Working with Children Check completed.
Oh – and you want to be a part of something bigger than yourself that makes a real difference in the world!
How to apply for this amazing volunteer opportunity:
Send your CV and covering letter as to why you think you are the right person for this role to [email protected] – we can’t wait to hear from you!