Foundation & Board - Open Positions
Who we are
The Magic Moments Foundation is a non-profit organisation formed to create a coalition of caring volunteers who are committed to consistently reaching and assisting people who are often forgotten by society.
We are focused on supporting families and individuals across the community who may need an extra helping hand as well as providing skills programs for youth and parents, to develop their confidence to become contributing members of their own communities.
The Foundation aggressively works to make a difference in the quality of life for people in our communities through our various programs.
About the Role
Obtaining grants in the charity sector is not for the faint of heart. MMF is seeking the help of someone with a social conscience who understands the huge impact a Grant Writer can have on the organisation’s ability to extend the positive social footprint of its activities. By helping MMF maintain a stable source of working capital, you will provide an essential role to the members of our community that our programs benefit – from youth through to elderly. Your contribution will play a critical role for the functioning of MMF and all the irreplaceable work we do. You know that your contribution to MMF will be an essential component for the smooth functioning of our charitable works, even though its impact to the outside observer is subtle and hidden. Your contribution to our national charity is around pursuing grant money, bringing your skills to and making a huge impact. You have chosen to work alongside our team of dedicated volunteers because MMF’s vision is one you believe in.
This is a highly rewarding, enjoyable role in a well-respected and established community organisation. The work done by Magic Moments Foundation is life changing and makes a considerable difference to the community.
You are responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
You will gather documentation and fulfil the necessary requirements of various funding bodies to formally seek funding on behalf of MMF and its various constituent programs.
The work you do for MMF will provide the largest most consistent blocks of funding for our operations. You must be an excellent researcher who not only finds the funding organization who’s grants match with MMF outcomes, but also must be an astute writer who knows how to properly appeal to the funding organisations board.
Your primary role is preparing grant proposals, beginning by performing research, for which you are adept at familiarising yourself with an organisation’s programs, goals and financial needs. You also look into potential funding sources and keep careful records to track our proposals. If a grant-making organisation requests additional information, you supply the missing items. You work alongside the MMF fundraising and marketing teams, planning fund-raising campaigns and promoting the organisation through public relations work.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with the MMF Board to provide regular written updates to corporate and foundation donors
- Understanding of institutional history and programs
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide written materials necessary for donor stewardship
- Work with appropriate board members to provide development input for all written foundation materials (including Annual Report, volunteer communications etc)
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to understand the needs of both MMF and the organisation that is offering the grant money
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Being able to understand and execute complex instructions
- Outstanding computer skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to familiarize themselves with an organisation’s goals and needs
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Great at building rapport with grant organisations contact people
- Ideally a minimum of two years’ experience with grant writing
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Able to monitor and meet income goals
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, writing or similar field would be ideal