Who We Are
The Magic Moments Foundation is a non-profit organisation formed to create a coalition of caring volunteers who are committed to consistently reaching and assisting people who are often forgotten by society. We are focused on supporting people to grow their own skills, particularly among the youth in our communities, and to become contributing members to their own communities.
The Foundation aggressively works to make a difference in the quality of life for people in our communities through our various programs.
About the Role
The CEO is responsible for developing and executing against an agreed business plan. The key responsibility is to lead and represent the Magic Moments Foundation in relation to its mission and values and to inspire and motivate our people, set organisational excellence and to build positive and enduring relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Work with the Board to set clear guidelines on organisational structure and operational functioning;
- Build relationships with a diverse and geographically spread volunteer base to motivate and inspire;
- Effectively communicate and engage with our volunteer base, leveraging their collective capability and at the same time showing decisive leadership where necessary;
- Build relationships with partners to foster ongoing, long-term commitments to Magic Moments Foundation;
- Roll-out “best practice” across the organisation to set the bar and allow for future growth;
- Manage the organisation to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations;
- Work with Fundraising Director and Board to identify potential sponsors / donors to the organisation to ensure the ongoing financial sustainability and growth of MMF;
Key Selection Criteria
- Professional and personal integrity
- Ability to think strategically
- Leadership skills
- Relationship management skills
- Change management skills
- Ability to influence
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to liaise at Board and senior level
- Clear and effective communication
Relationship to Other Positions
- Reports to the Board of Directors
- Works closely with the operations team on the Board
- Interacts with program leaders and volunteers
Critical Success Factors
- Unifying the organisation and its various programs and groups under the umbrella of the MMF to understand and actively work together and interact across programs to fulfil our purpose;
- Oversee the implementation and execution of more streamlined processes & procedures with minimal disruption and distress to volunteers;
- Establishing a method by which the organisation can continue to receive ongoing funding from government, corporates, businesses, and individuals to ensure its viability.