NSW – Sydney Basket Brigade
Please note that our activities have finished for 2016 and we don’t have any open volunteering opportunities until next year.
The Sydney Basket Brigade operates once a year, at the begining of December, to pack and distribute hampers and gifts for families in need. We work with organisations that support these families througout the year, and our mission is to bring hope and joy, not only to those receiving our baskets, but to all members of the community who get together to make it happen.
Our season runs from April to early December, ending on Packing Day. Packing Day is traditionally held on the second Saturday of December, and it’s a big, festive day, when our volunteers gather to pack and deliver all hampers.
If you wish to volunteer with us, please get back in touch in April, when we start planning the next brigade. We accept donations at any time, and all donations received go towards producing the hampers.
There are numerous ways a person or an organisation can help us:
- Joining our organisational commitee – help plan and execute the next basket brigade. We meet at the second Monday of the month, from May onwards, via Google Hangouts.
- Signing up as a sponsor – pick a different level of cash sponsorship and we will promote your business to our subscribers (limited number of sponsorships available)
- Registering to run a “Donation Station” – collect food and gifts at your company, school or club, during November. These donations get collected on the first week of December to be packed on Packing Day.
- Donating products – donate products for the hampers.
- Registering for “Corporate Week” – kick your corporate social responsibility goals by sending a team to help get ready for Packing Day. Corporate week happens during the week leading up to the big day.
- Picking up donations – drive around Sydney during the first few days of December picking up donations from our donation stations and taking them to our warehouse for sorting.
- Helping on Packing Day – register to volunteer on the big day. Either you join us solo or bring your whole family, packing day is about our community getting together to bring hope for others. A beautiful day of giving and community spirit.
Make a Donation
A tax deductible contribution will go a long way to help us make this year’s brigade a success.
We really appreciate the help. So many smiles!!!